Places to Eat around the University of Alberta
Looking for a place to grab food or something to drink? These cafes, restaurants and pubs are easily accessible via walking or public transit.
- NREF Starbucks: Take the pedway on the 2nd level of DICE to the Natural Resources Engineering Facility Building, approximately a three minute walk. Typically open until 2:00 p.m. during the summer.
- ETLC Tim Hortons: Take the pedway on the 2nd level of DICE to the Engineering Teaching and Learning Facility, approximately a two minute walk.
- CCIS Starbucks: Exit DICE, and head east to the Main Quad. CCIS the large building with the observatory at the north end of the Quad, and Starbucks in on the main level.
- Faculty Club (11435 Saskatchewan Dr NW, three minute walk from DICE). The Faculty Club serves beer and wine in their downstairs pub, and can be found by walking north from DICE towards Saskatchewan Drive.
- Remedy Cafe (8631 109 St NW, 20 minute walk from DICE). Remedy is known for its chai tea and has plenty of comfortable seating. They also have a number of vegetarian options.
- Block 1912 Café (10361 82 Ave NW, 15 minutes via bus). Block 1912 has excellent—and generously sized—desserts, as well as coffee.
- Leva (11053 86 Ave NW, 20 minute walk from DICE). Leva is another café close to campus, also with good desserts.
- Transcend Coffee (8708 109 St NW, 20 minute walk from DICE).
- Sugarbowl (10922 88 Ave NW, 20 minute walk from DICE). Sugarbowl has a large beer menu and numerous options for vegetarians.
- Room at the Top (Students' Union Building on campus, five minute walk from DICE via pedway). RATT has reasonably priced beverages and food. Signage to RATT is limited, but can be found by taking the elevator in the Students’ Union Building to the 8th floor.
- The Underground Tap & Grill (10004 Jasper Ave, 25 minutes from DICE via LRT). The Underground has an extensive drinks menu, and tends to be quieter than many other pubs nearby.
- The Three Amigos (10247 Jasper Avenue, 25 minutes from DICE via LRT). The Three Amigos serves freshly-made Mexican food.
- Grandin Fish 'N' Chips (9902 109 St NW, 25 minutes from DICE via LRT). While Grandin Fish 'N' Chips primarily serves its namesake, they have recently expanded to include more side dishes.
- Café Mosaics(10844 82 Ave NW, 25 minutes from DICE via walking or bus.) Café Mosaics is a casual restaurant that serves an entirely vegetarian menu, with numerous vegan options.
- MEAT(8216 104 St NW, 30 minutes from DICE via bus). Best enjoyed with a group, MEAT offers hearty dinner fare. Limited vegetarian options.
- Pip (10403 83 Ave NW, 30 minutes from DICE via bus). Pip serves all-day brunch in addition to providing dinner options.
- Good Earth Café (8623 112 St NW, 15 minute walk from DICE). Good Earth Café serves coffee, and has a small-but-popular kiosk in the back that sells fresh salad.
- Tang Bistro (715 109 St NW 20 minute walk from DICE). Tang Bistro serves northern Chinese food.
A map of these locations is available at https://tinyurl.com/CMSC-food.